ACDM22 Call for Abstracts
13th-15th March 2022: Sheraton Grand, Edinburgh, Scotland
ACDM are inviting Abstract Submissions for Presentations at ACDM22: The 2022 ACDM Annual Conference.
Please read the FAQ’s below and click on Submit an Abstract to access the form.
Closing date for Abstract Submissions is 31st October. No Abstracts will be accepted after the closing date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Virtual data management, video SDV
- Technology vendors
- Data submission, how to bring down submission timelines, particularly to the FDA and data standards
- Using predictive analysis – how DMs can use the data and not just manage it
- eConsent and electronic signature (eIDAS): interplay with GCP and CTR 2014 and impact on daily work
- Commission Recommendation of 6.2.2019 on a European Electronic Health Record exchange format
- EHR to EDC – IMI European project: update, feedback from real projects from sponsors and academics
- Fast track procedures to put drug/medical device on the market as temporary authorisations just after a phase I/II, and run phases IIb and III in the real world: impact for data managers
- New and emerging technologies
- Real life data and randomised data – opposed or complementary? Experiences from the field
- Open Data – European Medicines Agency policy on publication of clinical data for medicinal products for human use (2019) P0070 – interplay with GDPR? how far can we go?
- Data integration – how best to perform data management activities on data from multiple external sources
- Working on the data management for investigator-initiated studies
All abstracts should be submitted using the online form lower down this page. We will not accept abstracts that are not submitted using the online form.
The closing date for abstract submissions is 30th September 2022. No abstracts will be accepted after this date.
Presentations must not be of a commercial nature (i.e. promoting a company or product). All presentations will be reviewed by the ACDM Conference Committee who reserve the right to ask for content to be removed or changed in a presentation if in their opinion it is deemed to be commercially oriented.
If you wish to do a commercial presentation (e.g. product demonstration) then you can do so by booking a Demonstration Hour in the Exhibitor & Sponsorship section.
There is no word limit on abstracts. We recommend that you provide enough information to outline what you are proposing to present. We would expect this to be up to around 300 words maximum but it is not limited to that. You will also be asked to submit three learning outcomes of your session.
Each submission will be acknowledged to the corresponding author on receipt and assigned a unique Abstract Number. This number must be quoted in any correspondence. Any enquiries should be made to email@example.com
Abstracts will be reviewed by the ACDM Conference Committee. The corresponding author will be advised of the outcome within 3 weeks of the closing date for submissions.
The corresponding author is responsible for notifying these details to other authors, including the presenting author.
Abstracts, once accepted for publication, cannot be changed (except as identified by the Conference Committee) or withdrawn.
As you may be aware, the ACDM is a non-profit making organisation representing Data Managers in the clinical research field. Regrettably we are unable to provide free places for all Abstract Speakers, therefore, all Abstract Speakers will be required to register as a Conference Delegate. As a thank you for the contribution to the Conference Programme, Abstract Speakers will be offered 20% discount on the day 1 or day 2 Option Member Rates (early bird and standard rates).
Full instructions will be provided following the acceptance of submissions, but for initial guidance presentations will be approximately between 20 to 30 minutes, followed by discussion. Corresponding authors will be notified if their abstract has been selected and the duration of their presentation. Please note timing is subject to change due to programme scheduling.
All accepted abstracts presented at the conference will be available at the conference and will be available to conference delegates via the ACDM website following the event.
Some sessions may be recorded and made available online.